back to Five Willows Literary Review main site

Thursday, December 8, 2016

new poem by Koon Woon






At a Hostel

She danced me to the spare room,
Then swallowing the key, said
“If you something need however late,
Tap on the ceiling.”
Pigeons cooed under eaves.
And she winked a snow petal.
Train whistles before entering dark tunnel.
The key churned and tingled in her belly;
Smiling, she turned and tip-toed up the stairs.

Such luck was not for me.
I could not be startled into start.
Motionless, only my thoughts climbed with
A half-step moon.
So like a dingy in choppy water,
The sheets fought me in two consecutive dreams.
But when morning came as I gave mourning to
Badly spent night,
She laid out fruits and coffee as my
Eyes open to obliterate the false picture of night.



Koon Woon
December 8, 2016




2 comments: